Vice President of Asset Management
San Francisco, California • Executive • Full-time • hourlyApply for this job
Starcity is one the largest coliving brands in the world and we're growing! We build, own and operate furnished residential communities that make moving to the heart of the city easy. It's our mission to make great cities accessible to everyone, while being the neighbor you can count on.
We're looking for an experienced and innovative VP of Asset Management to help us maintain the trust and safety of our communities. This role is focused on the day-to-day management of Starcity’s dozens of communities, with many more large communities scheduled to open soon. As an executive at the company and leader of the Community team, this role will ensure that we are providing exceptional member experiences and a hassle-free home life. You will oversee all operations within the communities, ranging from managing a team of amazing on-site staff, maintaining the standards and expectations set forth for our resident experience, preventative facility maintenance, and service fulfillment. The position is responsible for ensuring that the buildings maintain high occupancy and net operating income, a solid Net Promoter Score, and all processes run smoothly.
The Vice President of Asset Management is responsible for the overall operations of all communities in the Starcity portfolio, including but not limited to the following: oversight of day-to-day operations, collaborative work with other departments to support, execute and advance Starcity’s mission, vision and core values. The VP of Asset Management is actively involved in strategic long-term planning for the organization and is a stalwart of the industry.
- Ensures quality supervision of administrative, financial and physical management for all the communities managed by Starcity, as well as the communities where Starcity has an ownership or investment interest
- Manages, coaches and oversees all operational staff, including Community Directors and Managers
- Ensures quality recruiting, hiring, development and retention practices for operational staff
- Confirms departmental operations are in compliance with applicable legal and regulatory requirements as well as professional standards at the local, state and federal level
- Directs and participates in the development, implementation and evaluation of quality assurance standards
- Participates in the selection of new employees, recommends/approves promotions, disciplinary issues, terminations, recommends salary increases, assists in coordinating training and orientation for new Directors, Managers, and Leasing positions, as needed.
- Assures implementation of Starcity personnel policies
- Monitors and ensures accuracy of the financial reports of each community; works closely with Community Directors, Accounting, Capital Markets and Development in the budgeting process. Ensures that properties are operated in a manner consistent with Starcity, owner, and regulatory agency requirements
- Maintains and utilizes knowledge of property management theory and practice, trends in housing issues, and current property management practice
- Oversees the marketing and leasing of new developments. Assures compliance during the member selection and retention process and provides support and guidance to Community Directors during the lease-up period
- You’re a driven and motivating leader with at least 15 years experience in asset management or property management
- You are kind, optimistic, curious, empathetic, self-aware, and most importantly, have integrity
- Have a passion for hospitality and customer service
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Experience using revenue management or other dynamic pricing techniques
- Deeply analytical and uses data to inform decisions
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Must posses high organizational and time-management skills
- Technologically proficient with employee time management tracking systems, Google Docs, spreadsheets, and project management software
- Real estate licensees preferred but not required
Starcity is an equal opportunity housing provider and employer, and acts in these capacities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.Apply for this job