VP of Real Estate Development
San Francisco, California • Executive • Full-time • salaryApply for this job
Starcity is one the largest coliving brands in the world and we're growing! We build, own and operate furnished residential communities that make moving to the heart of the city easy. It's our mission to make great cities accessible to everyone, while being the neighbor you can count on.
We're looking for an experienced and innovative VP of Real Estate Development to help us grow Starcity’s market position as the best-in-class coliving developer. This role will help set real estate development strategy, manage Starcity’s existing development pipeline, and build the future pipeline in a systematic way. As an executive at the company and leader of the Development team, this role will ensure that we are securing control of the best coliving development opportunities for us and our capital partners to consider for investment, and that capitalized projects are sticking to development schedules and budgets. You will also manage a team of amazing development staff, maintaining and enhancing the design and technical standards set forth for our resident experience. The position is responsible for ensuring that development projects are properly structured, stick to projected schedules and budgets, and risks are mitigated.
- Set overall real estate development direction and strategy based on business objectives
- Manage our existing and future development projects, supervising all processes, including entitlements, permitting, managing project schedules and budgets, contractual covenants, and supporting lease up through refinance/disposition.
- Build our future development pipeline, overseeing site selection through acquisition. Ensure that investment analysis, due diligence, and legal & regulatory analysis meet institutional investor expectations.
- Lead the structuring of all real estate deals along with the CIO
- Oversee project design and construction phases, and determine optimal programming for buildings with input from the operations team. Keep project teams on track to produce timely and cost-effective results.
- Communicate development strategy and roadmap to current and potential investors, and participate in overall fundraising efforts.
- Contribute to operations, marketing and finance-related decision-making at the senior leadership level.
- Participate in the recruitment and selection of new employees, recommend promotions, disciplinary issues, terminations, and coach and train all development staff, as needed.
- You’re a driven and motivating leader with at least 15 years experience in real estate investment and development
- You are kind, optimistic, curious, empathetic, self-aware, and most importantly, have integrity
- Have a passion for hospitality, design and architecture
- Have a Master’s Degree in Business or Real Estate
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Must possess high organizational and time-management skills